Our company is committed to providing every customer with great service, “everyday in every way”. We consider the protection of the personal information of each customer (including potential customers) to be a key part of our high level of service.
We consider “personal information” to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
We have adopted, as a company policy, the ten personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The ten principles are as follows:
(1) Accountability - We will identify individuals in our company who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities will include making sure that third parties who process personal information on our behalf will comply with the CSA Code.
(2) Reason for Collection - We will only collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers to anyone else and we will not permit anyone else to use personal information about our customers for any purpose without the customer’s consent.
(3) Consent - Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information only for the purposes stated above, we must receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose.
(4) Limiting Collection - We will collect personal information only for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - We will use and disclose an individual’s personal information only for the purposes stated above, unless we have the individual’s consent to using or disclosing it for another purpose. We will only keep personal information about the individuals for as long as we need to fulfill our stated purposes.
(6) Accuracy - We will maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date for was is necessary for the purposes for this it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards - We will protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access or alteration or from inadvertent destruction by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness - Individuals may make inquiries about personal information privacy issues by contacting us by mail at: Prime Communications Canada Inc. 20-100 Valleywood Drive, Markham Ontario L3R 6G1 Attention to : Privacy Officer.
(9) Individual Access - We will give any individual access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information which we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
(10) Challenging Compliance - Any individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by and of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Prime Communication Canada Inc., which carries on business in Canada under the name Prime Communications, and is a Rogers Authorized and Fido Exclusive dealership, governed by the overarching policies of our parent brands.